Author Topic: Jabber: get full history from Hangouts  (Read 13225 times)

Offline Vulpix

Re: Jabber: get full history from Hangouts
« Reply #15 on: 27 02 2016, 11:45:27 »
Vulpix, btw if you have some definitions that aren't in ImportTXT's repository, can you share it with us? :)

Actually I don't; I opted to write a script that reshuffled the history into historypp format instead : http://forum.miranda-ng.org/index.php?topic=3585.msg7881#new :D

Offline calabar

« Reply #16 on: 27 02 2016, 13:22:07 »
Maybe you could write own rules for ImportTXT plugin? (Just an idea)
Sounds good!  :)
I didn't know this plugin, maybe it will provide a quite easy way to get the result.

The output format is json (a zip file containing an html file and a json file inside a folder, to be precise), and contains a lot of "rubbish". I think that it is necessary to study the json structure and how ImportTXT works too.
Maybe an easier solution would be to use the online php parser I mentioned above, but I don't think that this third passage is a good idea.

I'm not sure I've the ability to filter the json properly, maybe some other user with more skill could be interested to work on the import filter?
« Last Edit: 27 02 2016, 13:45:42 by calabar »

Offline AnrDaemon

« Reply #17 on: 03 03 2016, 17:56:37 »
If underlying structure is JSON, it may be easier to bribe import plugin dev to add support.
Miranda has its own capabilities to deal with JSON.

Offline calabar

« Reply #18 on: 04 03 2016, 07:57:10 »
It seems a better solution to me too.
How to proceed?

Offline calabar

« Reply #19 on: 12 04 2016, 09:08:55 »
I repeat the question: How to proceed?  :)
I'm not very familiar with this to this kind of procedure, so a hint will help to avoid to "spam" requests where it is not the right place.