Author Topic: Windows 10 Notification  (Read 7201 times)

Offline KtW

Windows 10 Notification
« on: 28 07 2015, 07:57:59 »
Well, I've Installed Windows 10 Yesterday And I've See A Really Nice Thing That's The Notification Area!
Lots Of My Program That Visualize Information By Classic Popup Now Put The Informations In That Area
So I Can Scroll And Browse Notification That I've Missed..

It Will Be Nice To Have Like The Popup Plugin A Way To Output Informations In Popup Style So That
Windows 10 Intercept Them And Put On His Right Pane...

If Is Not Clear ..I'll Try To Explain With An Image...  ::)

Offline Wishmaster

Re: Windows 10 Notification
« Reply #1 on: 28 07 2015, 11:56:49 »
Yes, please make a screenshot! :)
I can think about using popups API to make use of Windows 10 Notifications.

Offline yoGhurt

« Reply #2 on: 09 08 2015, 00:00:14 »

Offline Wishmaster

« Reply #3 on: 09 08 2015, 08:02:23 »
Now there is an initial testing plugin in SVN :)

Offline BigMike

« Reply #4 on: 31 08 2015, 12:28:24 »
And how to use this test plugin?
There's no readme in the plugin package. If I enable it in the plugins section, there seem to be no settings.
Enabling both, PopupPlus and Toaster will result in usual popups only.
Disabling PopupPlus results in no notifications at all.
Is it meant to display only special notifications?

Offline watcher

« Reply #5 on: 31 08 2015, 16:10:54 »
And how to use this test plugin?

First of all you should be on development build.
Пожалуйста, внимательно прочтите правила постинга перед тем, как открыть новую тему.
Please read forum rules.

Offline Robyer

« Reply #6 on: 31 08 2015, 20:04:52 »
Important note is, that Toaster plugin can't handle Popup Class notifications (yet), so you won't see notifications e.g. from Facebook plugin at all.
I was developing mainly Facebook, Omegle, Steam, Dummy and MobileState plugins. Now I'm retired. Goodbye, everyone. ~ You can still find me on Facebook.

Offline BigMike

« Reply #7 on: 31 08 2015, 20:20:00 »
I'm using v0.95.5 alpha build #15126 x64 - I updated via updater plugin to be sure to have the latest version and copied the plugin dll to the plugins folder afterwards.

Important note is, that Toaster plugin can't handle Popup Class notifications (yet), so you won't see notifications e.g. from Facebook plugin at all.
I see, so which notifications am I supposed to get as toaster notifications?

Offline Robyer

« Reply #8 on: 01 09 2015, 07:12:37 »
I see, so which notifications am I supposed to get as toaster notifications?
The rest, that are not using "popup classes" :-) You can check it by enabling e.g. Popup Plus plugin, and going to Options / Popups / tab Popup Classes, and here you can see which plugins registered own Popup Classes - so these won't work. But not many plugins uses them, so...
I was developing mainly Facebook, Omegle, Steam, Dummy and MobileState plugins. Now I'm retired. Goodbye, everyone. ~ You can still find me on Facebook.

Offline BigMike

« Reply #9 on: 01 09 2015, 09:59:05 »
At least NotifyAnithing and ConnectionNotify seem to use classes, as I get popups but no toaster notifications. Ok, I see, I'll have to stay with PopupPlus for the next time.

Thank you

Offline Robyer

« Reply #10 on: 02 09 2015, 17:33:43 »
Toaster should support Popup Classes now (in tomorrow build): http://trac.miranda-ng.org/changeset/15150

Offline BigMike

« Reply #11 on: 03 09 2015, 16:39:30 »
Thank you, now I'm getting the Toaster notifications after disabling the PopupPlus module.