If you have encountered some problem using Miranda NG:1. Search the forum
– your problem might have been discussed already.2.
Try to update the core and all your plugins with the help of PluginUpdater
(see the howto here
) – this often solves problems automatically. Mind that questions about old Miranda NG versions are likely to be left without answer. Questions about Miranda IM won't be answered
either – sorry, we do not develop it anymore nor support its users.3.
- Make sure you have no 64-bit plugins in a 32-bit Miranda installation and vice versa; if the core is 32-bit ALL your plugins must be 32-bit as well (the same goes for 64-bit core).
- If you use a nightly (development version, latest build), make sure that all your plugins are also of the latest build (use PluginUpdater's "Check for updates" main menu item).
- Before you post it is advisable that you should check your database with DbChecker.
If you had no luck on stages 1-3, start a new thread:
- In the relevant forum section.
- Supply it with a clear title (it is better when the title gives an idea about the issue).
- When describing the problem give as many details as you can; screenshots are welcome.
It is highly desirable that you provide your VersionInfo
. If you have CrashDumper
installed, use "Version Information -> Copy to clipboard" in the main menu.
- please Do not modify the report; your OS type, IE version or Miranda paths might also be helpful.
- Add VersionInfo to your post using Spoiler tag. CrashDumper generates report with this tag. Please do not remove it.
Version Information report here
[spoiler=VersionInfo]Version Information report here[/spoiler]6.
Crashes and connectivity issues:
- If Miranda crashes (hangs up) provide crash report; please take your time to create a useful one, crash reports without debug symbols will be ignored.
- If you are experiencing connectivity issues provide network log (netlog).
If a report or netlog is too long to be included into your message, upload it e.g., to http://pastebin.com
and give a link in the forum.Common mistakes (try to avoid them):
- Meaningless titles like "Help me", "A problem with Miranda", etc. Those titles will be corrected to more suitable (in moderator's opinion).
- Providing Miranda pack name instead of VersionInfo. It is not enough, you will be asked for your VersionInfo anyway; Miranda pack name doesn't give any information about plugins you have.
- Flood, spam, flame and advertizing in all their forms are not acceptible and will be deleted.