Author Topic: SkypeWeb protocol  (Read 182019 times)

Offline Robyer

Re: SkypeWeb protocol
« Reply #285 on: 16 04 2017, 05:36:55 »
veryverygood, please post this issue on our bug tracker, so it won't be forgotten and devs can see it easily. I see there is comment, maybe (from yourself?) on this issue, but it would be better to create a separate issue for "not receiving offline messages from non-authorized users". So just "transform" that comment into issue, please.
I was developing mainly Facebook, Omegle, Steam, Dummy and MobileState plugins. Now I'm retired. Goodbye, everyone. ~ You can still find me on Facebook.

Offline wisentgenus

« Reply #286 on: 04 05 2017, 04:44:27 »
Contact->User Details does not show Skype Name. Dialog says  "...Updating..." at the bottom.
Is it known issue?

Offline Robyer

« Reply #287 on: 07 05 2017, 13:57:59 »
wisentgenus, it is broken, and not reported - see https://github.com/miranda-ng/miranda-ng/issues?q=is%3Aopen+is%3Aissue+label%3ASkypeWeb, so feel free to create new ticket so it won't be forgotten.

I at least just fixed the infinite "...updating..." at the bottom.
I was developing mainly Facebook, Omegle, Steam, Dummy and MobileState plugins. Now I'm retired. Goodbye, everyone. ~ You can still find me on Facebook.

Offline Vulpix

« Reply #288 on: 07 05 2017, 16:06:38 »
Isn't it kind of reported?

https://github.com/miranda-ng/miranda-ng/issues/668

I think they're more or less related

Offline Robyer

« Reply #289 on: 07 05 2017, 16:24:24 »
Vulpix, hmm, could be - error is the same. Just the issue's title felt like other issue.

Offline SpinalBlood

« Reply #290 on: 12 08 2017, 23:04:55 »
It's been a few months now that I have some problems with the Skypeweb plugin (I would say around april/may).

Basically:

- at random times I can't connect (I also get the feeling that in order to attempt a succesfull reconnect I have to wait some minutes, and it's still not guaranteed)
- sometimes it says it's connected, but as soon as I send a message, it goes offline.
- sometimes only some user are connected, others are not (and in fact it's not working)
- when it works, the correct users are showns, but sometimes the connection is lost even though it still shows the users online.

Anyone? I don't think these issues were present in the past, if they were, they were much much more rare.

Shall I attach network.log?

Offline wisentgenus

« Reply #291 on: 20 08 2017, 00:03:03 »
None of this these issues, but I've noticed that Miranda constantly generate new connections to MS cloud every second with short data exchange. is it normal? Polling?

Offline AnrDaemon

« Reply #292 on: 21 08 2017, 11:19:39 »
Anything in network log?

Offline wisentgenus

« Reply #293 on: 27 08 2017, 07:14:05 »
It was keepstatus plugin. I disabled it and connection flood went away. But then I started loosing online status. My interpretation is that sometimes SkypeWeb protocol looses connection and keepstatus plugin tries to restore it, but it is intermittently failing and generating the connection flood.
« Last Edit: 27 08 2017, 07:16:54 by wisentgenus »

Offline Robyer

« Reply #294 on: 27 08 2017, 08:27:39 »
SkypeWeb plugin is problematic, as stated above. It has connection issues which must be resolved. So Keep Status plugin only exposes that problem in SkypeWeb itself.

Offline tjh

« Reply #295 on: 04 09 2017, 23:32:39 »
Has anyone had any joy getting this working with 2FA enabled on their Microsoft account?
Even if I create a 1-time password, I can't login (network debug shows a bunch of html being spat at me)

If I turn off 2FA I can login - but then once logged in, if I turn it back on I can't stay logged in.

Thanks!

Offline lokapal

« Reply #296 on: 26 10 2017, 16:09:00 »
Today after 17:30 MSK SkypeWeb.dll began to crash Miranda64 permanently.

Report is attached below.

I've tried to login via SkypeWeb/Firefox and/or Skype - local desktop client. Nothing changed unfortunately, Miranda continues crashing  :-\
The same behaviour observed with the previous stable version.

Any advices?

Offline ghazan

« Reply #297 on: 26 10 2017, 18:07:13 »
lokapal, would you please make a crash log with debug symbols?
as described in our wiki: https://wiki.miranda-ng.org/Crash_reports

Offline Lizard

« Reply #298 on: 10 02 2018, 13:38:32 »
is it possible to show sent pictures and links inbound in message window like in Original Skype client? Or would I need an IEview template for that? When someone sends me a picture I have to login on skypeweb homepage to see it  :-\

Offline Goraf

« Reply #299 on: 10 02 2018, 16:58:05 »
Lizard, well, as message logs don't have such feature built-in, you are correct that you would have to use IEview template for that (as far as I know)