Author Topic: SkypeWeb protocol  (Read 181924 times)

Offline watcher

SkypeWeb protocol
« on: 19 04 2015, 19:08:26 »
This topic is dedicated to SkypeWeb protocol development and alpha-testing.

Please do not edit your messages in this topic, instead just write a new message, this way developer will be notified be e-mail that something new has happened here.
« Last Edit: 19 04 2015, 19:57:24 by Wishmaster »
Пожалуйста, внимательно прочтите правила постинга перед тем, как открыть новую тему.
Please read forum rules.

Offline mida

Re: SkypeWeb protocol
« Reply #1 on: 19 04 2015, 20:03:36 »
on first going online i get old history but it looks crazy, see spoiler
1. only message from today 21:38:59 is written by my self and im sure all others is from call over skype
2. i think it doesn't check accountname and nickname are different (Anschy is nickname from contact and flx is my own. an... is accountname from contact and hello.... is mine)
3. if sync history didn't more have there bugs, can we sync more than 100 messages or is this limited?
Spoiler

[close]

edit: looks that now fixed with SkypeWeb.dll v.0.11.0.1
« Last Edit: 20 04 2015, 09:53:10 by mida »
sorry for my bad english

Offline Vulpix

« Reply #2 on: 21 04 2015, 08:47:36 »
Some editing+history syncing issues:

1) Multiple edit of the same message:
Only one message edit is recognized as an edit; edit attempts 2+ are shown as a completely new message. Example:

Original message: A
Edited to-> B

In miranda:
A
Edited at [2015-04-21T08:39:20.795Z]:
B

->the same message gets edited from B to C

In miranda, it appears as a new message "C"

->the same message gets edited from C to D

In Miranda, it appears as a new message "D"

Fixed in r13014/

2) Only the original message shows up in history sync when someone sends an offline message. Edit is lost completely. Example:

Originator sends "A", but after sending, edits it to "B"

Miranda receives "A" and no mention of B.

3) None of the synced-up messages show as new messages, i.e. unless you know that someone sent you a message, you won't know you received any new ones whilst you were offline.
« Last Edit: 21 04 2015, 15:43:13 by Vulpix »

Offline pepinlebref

• Pepin le Bref, father of Charlemagne!
« Reply #3 on: 30 04 2015, 16:35:21 »
Hi there, some findings:
- I can see contacts that are in "invisible" status
- receiving messages with some characters remains in "htlm format" (I can read ''' or '"'...)
- global status not supported sets skype statis to 'online' (NA, Occupied, Free for chat, on the phone, out to lunch)

Offline mida

« Reply #4 on: 03 05 2015, 18:02:41 »
i used SkypeClassic and made to Dummy protocol before i heard from SkypeWeb
now under quick search contacts from Dummy protocol and SkypeWeb show me that there from account SkypeClassic but on chat window same contact show me SkypeWeb...
Can't add Dummy Contact to metacontact, because i get message: Could not get unique ID of contact.
« Last Edit: 03 05 2015, 18:17:42 by mida »
sorry for my bad english

Offline Robyer

« Reply #5 on: 11 05 2015, 10:34:48 »
Can't add Dummy Contact to metacontact, because i get message: Could not get unique ID of contact.
Did you set the Dummy account correctly?
I was developing mainly Facebook, Omegle, Steam, Dummy and MobileState plugins. Now I'm retired. Goodbye, everyone. ~ You can still find me on Facebook.

Offline mida

« Reply #6 on: 11 05 2015, 13:42:17 »
yes, im sure but maybe i did a mistake some times ago, i made a new profile file
sorry for my bad english

Offline Robyer

« Reply #7 on: 11 05 2015, 14:05:48 »
mida, no need to create new profile, just make sure you have correctly filled "unique id" field.
I was developing mainly Facebook, Omegle, Steam, Dummy and MobileState plugins. Now I'm retired. Goodbye, everyone. ~ You can still find me on Facebook.

Offline mida

« Reply #8 on: 11 05 2015, 15:21:43 »
i know about dummy site on wiki, but there was a other problem too.
on quick search there was few contact double and on both was account "Skypeclassic" was not was true.
on end didn't created a new one,import old skype account into new one, that was more easier.
sorry for my bad english

Offline watcher

« Reply #9 on: 15 05 2015, 17:56:21 »
Protocol was added to PluginUpdater, so no need to update manually anymore.
Пожалуйста, внимательно прочтите правила постинга перед тем, как открыть новую тему.
Please read forum rules.

Offline kaomot

« Reply #10 on: 17 05 2015, 07:01:44 »
I noticed we can see if the contact is online even if they are blocked, that's great! However, these blocked contacts are automatically set as ignored (hidden from the contact list) instead of simply having a different appearance to show it is blocked.

I hope you make it so they are not automatically set as ignored in the future releases.

Thanks for the good work! ;D

Offline makloda11

« Reply #11 on: 18 05 2015, 10:05:54 »
Seems to work fine for several minutes, I can send and receive messages, but then it keeps crashing and Miranda exits. Any pointers? See attached crash dump.

P.S. I just tried a vanilla install with a clean 0.95.3 folder and SkypeWeb, I am getting similar crashes there upon clicking "Options". Tried both x86 and x64.

Offline Robyer

« Reply #12 on: 18 05 2015, 11:20:48 »
makloda11, that's because you need to use development version of Miranda with actual SteamWeb plugin. It's not compiled for stable (will be with next stable).

Offline watcher

« Reply #13 on: 18 05 2015, 12:55:42 »
makloda11, http://wiki.miranda-ng.org/index.php?title=Main_Page

Read, what is written on a red background. You can't just throw any plugin to any build.
Please read forum rules.

Offline makloda11

« Reply #14 on: 18 05 2015, 13:28:27 »
My apologies guys, I didn't consider that! Thanks for the pointers, now seems to work well since over 1 hour. Thanks again  :)