Forum for English speaking Miranda NG users > Miranda NG general talk

Winterspeak

(1/3) > >>

Dimsok:
It's a good plugin. but i would like to see feature as in plugin for miranda-im (msg2speech), which make possible to add different acapella's voices per contact. Then i could to set female tts engine for female contacts and male for male contacts, english for engleish speaking persons and russian for russian peoples. That willl be better if i will listen how Acapella Alyona reads on english
Post Merge: 09 01 2015, 18:59:09For now it doesn't usable (for me). I did try to set Acapella Alyona, and it doesn't say messages with cyrillic. ATT Mike speaks on english

blubbfish:
Thats seems to be easy. ATM you can only use SAPI Voices.
But i can make a a lookup for the selected voice per contact base and not only global. So when a contact has another Voice engine present then it will takes that and not the global one.

My problem is now how i will redesign the config dialog for that?
Any suggestions?

PS: At this moment i had no time left for making this improvements to the plugin, so please don't be hurry :)

Dimsok:
What about problem of transferring cyrillyc symbols to voice? As i said. russian speach engine doesn't say anything. We can wait a couple of years. don't worry

blubbfish:
Nothing, but the SAPI voice engine that is used its very simple.

You only call a function speak("Blabla") and then it comes with the current settings out of your headphones. So if there is a voice for sapi that can spell Cyrillic symbols this will work, if not then you can't spell this with sapi.

This plugin is only a bridge between miranda and the microsoft api for text to speak.

In German the letters äöü make many trouble as well, so if the voice is for english people it will not understand that symbol and you hear funny parts or nothing. Badly i don't know much about the sapi voices itself, so i don't know if there is a solution for your problem.

i saw a plugin that converts Cyrillic symbols into text, maybe we can combine both. So if the other plugin provide an service for converting text, and this plugin detects that the other plugin is present, then all text will be converted before it will gave to sapi.

Dimsok:
I mean in miranda-im i have 2 plugins for tts, and both make speak out russian text with acapella Alyona

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version