Author Topic: Tox protocol  (Read 165799 times)

Offline Vulpix

Re: Tox
« Reply #30 on: 23 08 2014, 20:40:24 »
Searching via toxme-se is now working even for names with weird characters.  :THUMBS UP:

Clicking "add contact" on the add contact dialogue of the found contact doesn't do anything.

Weirdly enough, clicking "user details" in the right-mouse-button menu of the search results shows the user details of the local miranda user - nothing related to the search result.

Searching via tox ID simply says "contact is already in your list" (even though it is not) and you cannot add the user.

Offline watcher

« Reply #31 on: 23 08 2014, 20:54:19 »
Binaries updated to r10316. Please update manually from attachments in the first post. (message sending fix).
Пожалуйста, внимательно прочтите правила постинга перед тем, как открыть новую тему.
Please read forum rules.

Offline Vulpix

Odp: Tox
« Reply #32 on: 24 08 2014, 08:56:41 »
Contact adding is still broken
Netlog/debug log:
[10:49:14 0B3C] CToxProto::AddToList: you cannot add yourself to friend list
[10:49:15 0B3C] CToxProto::AddToList: you cannot add yourself to friend list
[10:49:15 0B3C] CToxProto::AddToList: you cannot add yourself to friend list
[10:49:16 0B3C] CToxProto::AddToList: you cannot add yourself to friend list

I think that the search result (when right-clicking) returns the user's own tox protocol ID. This is also why right-clicking and selecting "user details" shows my own details; not the person I'm trying to add.

This happens with both tox ID and toxme.se search result because the "add contact" dialogue is in the end the same kind of dialogue.

Additionally:

I noticed a strange behavior with Tox after the last changes (though it may have nothing to do with them).

If I go online with Tox, sometimes it gets stuck in the "connecting" phase. I.e. netlog says this:

[10:50:36 0E0C] Setting protocol/module name to 'Toxanda'
[10:50:47 0E0C] CToxProto::SetStatus: changing status from 40071 to 40072
[10:50:47 1704] CToxProto::PollingThread: entering

And nothing will happen even if you leave it up for several minutes.

However, if you switch to offline and online again, the protocol reconnects immediately (or very quickly):

Not sure what this is related to, but my connection is stable, 240/20Mbit optics, so it's not the connection.
« Last Edit: 25 08 2014, 07:01:48 by Vulpix »

Offline watcher

« Reply #33 on: 25 08 2014, 19:03:40 »
Binaries updated to r10320. Please update manually from attachments in the first post.
Пожалуйста, внимательно прочтите правила постинга перед тем, как открыть новую тему.
Please read forum rules.

Offline watcher

« Reply #34 on: 25 08 2014, 19:21:57 »
And nothing will happen even if you leave it up for several minutes.

However, if you switch to offline and online again, the protocol reconnects immediately (or very quickly):

For me it's quick only if i restart Miranda, otherwise it takes pretty long tim until i see contacts online if i played with on\off status (it may be as well libtox initialization behavior).
Please read forum rules.

Offline Vulpix

« Reply #35 on: 25 08 2014, 20:26:15 »
Hmm, it's not so much about seeing contacts online. It's literally about the protocol taking a long time to show as "connected" - sometimes it never happens.

Anyway, latest binary:

Contact adding by tox id - fixed!  :THUMBS UP:
Contact adding by toxme.se - fixed!  :THUMBS UP:

Offline watcher

« Reply #36 on: 25 08 2014, 21:02:54 »
Hmm, it's not so much about seeing contacts online. It's literally about the protocol taking a long time to show as "connected" - sometimes it never happens.

Protocol itself - for me it's a matter of seconds to re-connect.
Please read forum rules.

Offline Vulpix

« Reply #37 on: 25 08 2014, 21:13:02 »
I see... well anyway! I'm very excited about file transfers :D I saw that some initial stuff was being put in! <3

Offline watcher

« Reply #38 on: 28 08 2014, 20:33:47 »
Binaries updated to r10334. Please update manually from attachments in the first post.
Please read forum rules.

Offline Vulpix

« Reply #39 on: 28 08 2014, 21:31:48 »
 the /me actions work, but I didn't see that anywhere for the other clients (like in uTox). I assume this is a miranda-only client-side thing? It does work though!  This is a Tox feature ( https://libtoxcore.so/api/tox_8h.html#a446bfa17062465c7f18674e9ff559f8c ), miranda now supports it. :THUMBS UP:

*wink wink file transfers next wink* :D

Chat direction from Miranda to uTox or qTox=>
Interestingly, using /me while chatting with someone using utox appears like a regular message, the "/me" is stripped.
Using /me while chatting with someone using qtox causes the message to not be shown at all!

This is a client issue though, not a miranda issue.
« Last Edit: 29 08 2014, 08:20:04 by Vulpix »

Offline unsane

« Reply #40 on: 29 08 2014, 07:56:22 »
uTox support actions, but shows them in log like a message (and it's his own troubles).
Miranda is not possible to send the action otherwise, other than as a message with the prefix / me.
So, before the action event will be saved in database, miranda cuts /me prefix
and change the type of event (action should be shown not like a message in log, i suppose).
Si no estas con nosotros, estas contra nosotros.

Offline watcher

« Reply #41 on: 29 08 2014, 08:36:30 »
action should be shown not like a message in log, i suppose

I checked in History++, it appears like a different type of event.
Please read forum rules.

Offline Vulpix

« Reply #42 on: 29 08 2014, 08:40:01 »
I use ieview and the /me action appears exactly like a contact status change text - this is good and I am used to it.

I was just stating that the /me doesn't work with most tox-only clients (utox/qtox), but this is actually their issue; not miranda's.

Offline watcher

« Reply #43 on: 30 08 2014, 12:32:22 »
Binaries updated to r10340. Please update manually from attachments in the first post.
Please read forum rules.

Offline watcher

« Reply #44 on: 30 08 2014, 12:33:08 »
I see... well anyway! I'm very excited about file transfers :D I saw that some initial stuff was being put in! <3

Now you can start testing it :)
Please read forum rules.