Author Topic: Facebook protocol  (Read 360435 times)

Offline Robyer

Re: Facebook protocol
« Reply #645 on: 02 05 2017, 07:26:30 »
Related issue on bug tracker: https://github.com/miranda-ng/miranda-ng/issues/807
Please try stable version and let me know if that works ok there.
I was developing mainly Facebook, Omegle, Steam, Dummy and MobileState plugins. Now I'm retired. Goodbye, everyone. ~ You can still find me on Facebook.

Offline NibbleByte

« Reply #646 on: 04 05 2017, 20:33:24 »
Robyer

Just wanted to say that it worked. I switched to stable version and I haven't had any chat issues since then (the last 1-2 days).

Best place to find boardgame in Bulgaria: http://mulliganclub.net/shop/

Offline Robyer

« Reply #647 on: 05 05 2017, 09:09:48 »
NibbleByte, thanks for confirmation. So it is some problem in recent core changes...
I was developing mainly Facebook, Omegle, Steam, Dummy and MobileState plugins. Now I'm retired. Goodbye, everyone. ~ You can still find me on Facebook.

Offline Robyer

Re:Facebook protocol
« Reply #648 on: 05 05 2017, 21:40:30 »
NibbleByte, I reverted one commit that seems to be the cause. Could you test tomorrow development version again and verify whether it is fixed there?

Offline NibbleByte

« Reply #649 on: 06 05 2017, 12:31:02 »
Robyer, I'll try it out these few days and give you feedback.

Cheers :)

Offline SpinalBlood

« Reply #650 on: 08 05 2017, 21:39:49 »
I have been busy and couldn't test the stable version, but now after updating the development .dll it looks like double entries and timeout errors seem to have disappeared, for now. Thanks :)

Offline NibbleByte

« Reply #651 on: 10 05 2017, 11:37:00 »
I can also confirm that it works perfectly!

Thanks a lot! :)

Offline BlackCat

« Reply #652 on: 28 05 2017, 15:38:02 »
Upon receiving every message in a group chat, I get this error:

Despite the above message, I receive all incoming messages perfectly fine, so I'm not sure what that's about. It's pretty annoying and disruptive to get this pop up every single time.
Also, in group chats, I don't see any of the members' names, just the number associated with their account. I can figure out who is who so it's not a major issue, just wondering if there's something I can do to fix that. They're also not showing up in the member list, and it says there are 0 users in the chat on the title bar.

Offline Robyer

« Reply #653 on: 28 05 2017, 18:55:00 »
BlackCat, it sounds like the request for getting users in group chat and their names is broken/removed from FB - that's why you are seeing the error message.

I don't know how soon I will get to fix that, so create ticket on our GitHub please: https://github.com/miranda-ng/miranda-ng/issues

Meanwhile you may disable group chat support in FB plugin's options. Or install Popup+/Yapp plugin so it will show notifications instead of MessageBoxes (and perhaps you can then even disable them).

The following users thanked this post: BlackCat

Offline šegi

« Reply #654 on: 12 06 2017, 20:05:47 »
Hi Robyer,
I also update miranda manually because updater won't work. But now are not loading unread msg. It is some problem in my side or this feature stop working?
Thanks

Offline riki

« Reply #655 on: 13 06 2017, 12:06:30 »
Hello, there must be some changes on the server side probably?

I confirm:

- Unread messages are not properly loaded in Miranda. The "Load last messages on opening message window" option doesn't work. The "Load History" entry in FB context menu doesn't work either.

I also noticed another issue:

- When switching status to "Invisible", the FB protocol actually seems to go offline.

[EDIT] Update 2017-06-21
After updating the plugin to Proto_Facebook.dll [21 Jun 2017 4:01:54], it seems I can't even go online. The "online" Facebook icon does light up, but the contact list shows everyone on FB as offline.

[EDIT] Update 2017-06-21 (later on)
Now FB plugin connects: I see people online again. Very strange.
« Last Edit: 21 06 2017, 16:44:48 by riki »

Offline SpinalBlood

« Reply #656 on: 22 06 2017, 19:04:19 »
Since today I can't receive offline messages. Even trying the previous facebook.dll as a rollback doesn't work either. :(

Offline Robyer

« Reply #657 on: 22 06 2017, 20:30:53 »
I'll check these issues hopefully soon (I'll try on the weekend)...

Offline šegi

« Reply #658 on: 23 06 2017, 08:17:11 »
Thanks you very much Robyer ;)

Offline Robyer

« Reply #659 on: 23 06 2017, 20:28:40 »
So, I just started my Miranda (I'm using development version) and:

* loading unread messages WORKS
* loading messages at window open WORKS
* I have no problems with groupchats (no error messageboxes; loading users and their names correctly)

This means that (if you are using development version too) Facebook is pushing some new update, but as usually it's not available for everyone at the same time.

To be able to fix it I need access to some affected account. Either one of yours or we have to wait until it affects my accounts too.