Author Topic: Facebook protocol  (Read 360313 times)

Offline Corak

Re: Facebook protocol
« Reply #495 on: 23 12 2015, 10:13:07 »
Just Got a fresh crash on "facebook_json_parser::parse_buddy_list":
http://trac.miranda-ng.org/ticket/1114

facebook_json_parser::parse_buddy_list
Likely cause of the crash plugin: Facebook RM

Exception: Access Violation at address 7C910771. Reading from address 0039FFB5.

Stack Trace:
---------------------------------------------------------------
7C910771 (ntdll 7C900000): (filename not available) (0): wcsncpy
7C91080B (ntdll 7C900000): (filename not available) (0): wcsncpy
78AB016A (MSVCR100 78AA0000): (filename not available) (0): free
12081BD8 (libjson 12080000): e:\sources\miranda_ng_compilation\libs\libjson\src\jsonnode.inl (399): JSONNode::deleteJSONNode
12085283 (libjson 12080000): e:\sources\miranda_ng_compilation\libs\libjson\src\jsonchildren.cpp (82): jsonChildren::deleteAll
1208533A (libjson 12080000): e:\sources\miranda_ng_compilation\libs\libjson\src\internaljsonnode.cpp (183): internalJSONNode::~internalJSONNode
12081954 (libjson 12080000): e:\sources\miranda_ng_compilation\libs\libjson\src\jsonnode.inl (247): JSONNode::decRef
12081BD1 (libjson 12080000): e:\sources\miranda_ng_compilation\libs\libjson\src\jsonnode.inl (399): JSONNode::deleteJSONNode
12085283 (libjson 12080000): e:\sources\miranda_ng_compilation\libs\libjson\src\jsonchildren.cpp (82): jsonChildren::deleteAll
1208533A (libjson 12080000): e:\sources\miranda_ng_compilation\libs\libjson\src\internaljsonnode.cpp (183): internalJSONNode::~internalJSONNode
12081954 (libjson 12080000): e:\sources\miranda_ng_compilation\libs\libjson\src\jsonnode.inl (247): JSONNode::decRef
03743337 (Facebook 03730000): e:\sources\miranda_ng_compilation\protocols\facebookrm\src\json.cpp (36): facebook_json_parser::parse_buddy_list
0374026D (Facebook 03730000): e:\sources\miranda_ng_compilation\protocols\facebookrm\src\process.cpp (87): FacebookProto::ProcessBuddyList
0374BCEE (Facebook 03730000): e:\sources\miranda_ng_compilation\protocols\facebookrm\src\connection.cpp (216): FacebookProto::UpdateLoop
1224C684 (mir_core 12240000): e:\sources\miranda_ng_compilation\src\mir_core\src\threads.cpp (159): forkthreadex_r
7C80B729 (kernel32 7C800000): (filename not available) (0): GetModuleFileNameA
[close]

Offline Robyer

« Reply #496 on: 23 12 2015, 10:59:56 »
Corak, you're Miranda's JSON parser's crashes magician! :D

We need to ask ghazan about this, looks like there might be some problem in the core if it affects FB, SkypeWeb, Steam and similar...
I was developing mainly Facebook, Omegle, Steam, Dummy and MobileState plugins. Now I'm retired. Goodbye, everyone. ~ You can still find me on Facebook.

Offline allex

« Reply #497 on: 01 01 2016, 09:39:42 »
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everybody!  :)

Robyer, I've just moved to Indonesia and got the new problem with the FB plugin...
It can't login and shows the error message "Could not load communication token".
The netlog and the source of the https://www.facebook.com/login.php?login_attempt=1&locale=en_US&_fb_noscript=1 page with the scripts disabled are attached.

Looks like the mbasic.facebook.com is blacklisted here or something like that, because the IP 114.127.223.16 is Indonesian...
But authentication in the browser works fine.

Offline Robyer

« Reply #498 on: 01 01 2016, 10:03:22 »
I was developing mainly Facebook, Omegle, Steam, Dummy and MobileState plugins. Now I'm retired. Goodbye, everyone. ~ You can still find me on Facebook.

Offline allex

« Last Edit: 01 01 2016, 12:20:15 by allex »

Offline Robyer

« Reply #500 on: 01 01 2016, 17:33:38 »
allex, here is version communicating on m.facebook.com - https://www.dropbox.com/s/yl267xrdwlz0qfl/FacebookRM.7z?dl=0

There is a problem though - it probably won't load friendship requests at login, loading user details and searching won't work either.

Let me know the results :)

Offline allex

« Reply #501 on: 01 01 2016, 23:41:41 »
allex, here is version communicating on m.facebook.com - https://www.dropbox.com/s/yl267xrdwlz0qfl/FacebookRM.7z?dl=0

There is a problem though - it probably won't load friendship requests at login, loading user details and searching won't work either.

Let me know the results :)

It works! At least logging in and messaging works :) Thank you!
Probably it's worth to make it configurable?

Offline allex

« Reply #502 on: 02 01 2016, 01:59:42 »
Just curious - but how the browser works?... Even in normal (not mobile) mode?..

Offline Robyer

Re:Facebook protocol
« Reply #503 on: 02 01 2016, 04:58:53 »
I'd rather fix it for everyone than providing workaround that breaks some functionality.

Could you open in browser these urls and tell me what works and what doesn't? And also which of them looks the same and which not.

* https://m.facebook.com
* https://mbasic.facebook.com
* https://touch.facebook.com
* https://x.facebook.com

Just curious - but how the browser works?... Even in normal (not mobile) mode?..
What do you mean? :)

The following users thanked this post: Corak

Offline Robyer

« Reply #504 on: 02 01 2016, 06:57:40 »
I'd rather fix it for everyone than providing workaround that breaks some functionality.

Should be fixed!

Searching users and loading friendship requests at login will be broken for users which CAN'T open "mbasic." AND "m." gives them "touch." version.
(I can't do much for these users... Hopefully not many users like this exists. - allex: You can check and tell me whether these functions work for you, for you it should work.)

(you can download new version from previous dropbox link)
« Last Edit: 02 01 2016, 07:01:49 by Robyer »

Offline PiTRiS

« Reply #505 on: 26 01 2016, 14:52:05 »
Just updated my miranda IM to NG just because of FB, but it does not work... I tried several versions of the plugin (stable, development, the last one mentioned in thread), but cannot login at all. I tried fixes with clearing deviceID and logging in private window, but nothing helped.
Stable version gives "Facebook error: Unknown error"
Dev version: "Facebook error: US English"
and the last zip: Login error: Sign up for Facebook

Guess the last one is closes to success, but still. I'm using facebook with 2-step verification and have generated app password for Miranda.

Can anyone help please?

EDIT: Sure as hell fixed it just after asking.
So the thing is, that plugin uses regular web login for which you cannot use the app password (using it gives error when tried).
Using regular password gives error "invalid code" as there is not prompt to input the 2-step verification code.
The solution is, to try to login and get the error. Then in facebook notfication the one with "unknown device" should apper. Then you can authorize the login using facebook in browser and login using miranda.
« Last Edit: 26 01 2016, 15:08:46 by PiTRiS »

Offline SpinalBlood

« Reply #506 on: 03 02 2016, 13:56:50 »
I'm now getting captchas window when sending a link. Sometimes it says that I might have a virus and it prevent me to send.

Offline Robyer

« Reply #507 on: 03 02 2016, 22:40:07 »
SpinalBlood, yes, some new change on Facebook.

Same issue: http://forum.miranda-ng.org/index.php?topic=3970.msg15921#msg15921

Offline Robyer

« Reply #508 on: 12 02 2016, 07:29:37 »
I commited some fixes so hopefully it will work slightly better now.

Also, if Facebook notify you "Someone new logged in to your account" at every Miranda login, open that notification on Facebook, and set "Yes, that was me" and "Remember this device". Then it won't bother you anymore (as long as you'll have same "DeviceID" in Miranda).

And I just reported that I don't know why I'm seeing captchas, I'll let you know how fast (if ever) I'll get rid of captchas etc. and if they will come back with actual plugin... (i.e. if it's safe for you to do it too)
« Last Edit: 12 02 2016, 07:36:48 by Robyer »

Offline Robyer

Re:Facebook protocol
« Reply #509 on: 12 02 2016, 13:03:19 »
SOLUTION FOR WHEN YOU ARE SEEING CAPTCHAS WHEN SENDING ANY URL LINKS

(yes, Facebook plugin causes problems with "you need to clean your computer" or seeing captchas. It's because Facebook sometimes change its API and if plugin uses "older API", Facebook thinks you are some spambot or something.)

1) You need to use development version of both Miranda + Facebook plugin.
2) Just make sure to have chosen "development" in Options / Services / Plugin Updater and let it update via Main menu / Check for updates
3) Fixed version is 0.2.12.0 and it was released today.

When you will be using this version, copied cookie or deleted DeviceID should help to get rid of login problems. And to get rid of captchas (after using this new version), if you are seeing them in web browser too, then look at the bottom of the captcha dialog (in web browser), there is link saying something like "You think you shouldn't be seeing this?" that directs you to some FB support page, where you can fill reason. For example "There is no problem with this link" or "I don't know what's wrong with this link", or anything else. And now (after 10 hours) I'm free of captchas.

BUT BEFORE DOING THIS FB SUPPORT REQUEST, MAKE SURE YOU ARE USING FIXED VERSION OF FB PLUGIN!
Otherwise it might attract potential attention from FB staff to this plugin, and we don't want that.

(btw might be good if someone could rewrite this to Wiki, I don't have time for that now...)

EDIT: Hmm, I'm seeing captchas again... weird. So, it's NOT fully fixed yet, I need to look at it again in some days :-/
« Last Edit: 12 02 2016, 13:12:42 by Robyer »