Author Topic: Facebook protocol  (Read 360271 times)

Offline M51

Re: Facebook plugin
« Reply #30 on: 05 02 2014, 20:51:44 »
I have a really weird issue. One of my Facebook friends isn't appearing on my contact list, and I tried to add him manually, but it won't work, the contact just won't show up.  ???

Offline Robyer

Re:Facebook plugin
« Reply #31 on: 05 02 2014, 21:42:08 »
Isn't he hidden or something in Miranda? Or maybe he has some special ID - could you tell if it's different than other contact's ids?
I was developing mainly Facebook, Omegle, Steam, Dummy and MobileState plugins. Now I'm retired. Goodbye, everyone. ~ You can still find me on Facebook.

Offline M51

« Reply #32 on: 05 02 2014, 21:53:55 »
Looks like he indeed was hidden, but I definitely didn't hide him myself. Weird.

Post Merge: 06 02 2014, 11:08:47
Oh, one more thing. Sometimes when I type a message and hit enter (send), it appears twice, like this:

Master Yoda
Fear is the path to the dark side
Fear is the path to the dark side

The person whom I'm talking to only receives one message, though.
« Last Edit: 06 02 2014, 11:08:47 by M51 »

Offline JonIrenicus

« Reply #33 on: 11 02 2014, 13:55:56 »
I have a question about groups in FB.
I need to get NEWS of this group, like i do it in twitter news.
How can i do it with this plugin (or any other jabber-account maybe)?

Offline Robyer

« Reply #34 on: 12 02 2014, 07:51:22 »
It's not possible right now. You can notify only all posts from your newsfeed.
(and with Jabber you can do nothing like that at all)
I was developing mainly Facebook, Omegle, Steam, Dummy and MobileState plugins. Now I'm retired. Goodbye, everyone. ~ You can still find me on Facebook.

Offline JonIrenicus

« Reply #35 on: 12 02 2014, 08:21:01 »
Thanks for your reply.
Will wait :)

Post Merge: 12 02 2014, 08:21:37
You can notify only all posts from your newsfeed.
How? :)

Offline Robyer

« Reply #36 on: 13 02 2014, 20:02:00 »
JonIrenicus: Just install some popup plugin and make sure you have checked "newsfeed" checkbox in fb plugin options (yes, it supports notifying as popups only).

M51: Yes, sent messages are sometimes showed doubled, I'll look into it when I'll have some free time.
« Last Edit: 13 02 2014, 20:03:48 by Robyer »

Offline JonIrenicus

« Reply #37 on: 14 02 2014, 07:28:28 »
Just install some popup plugin and make sure you have checked "newsfeed" checkbox in fb plugin options (yes, it supports notifying as popups only).
Yes, I know about it. But is there non-popup version? I need history or i need to go urls in feeds. Will be there any non-popup version soon?

Offline M51

« Reply #38 on: 17 02 2014, 13:12:20 »
All of a sudden, I'm not receiving the links people share with me. They show up in browser chat normally.

Offline Robyer

« Reply #39 on: 17 02 2014, 18:22:19 »
JonIrenicus: I'm not planning it (at least not in next months). But feel free to write and send me a patch/pull request.

M51: Yep, some recent Facebook change. I need to fix it.    EDIT: I meant attachements (like photos or files) - they are broken. But do you really have problem with simple URL links?

Offline M51

« Reply #40 on: 18 02 2014, 00:59:27 »
EDIT: I meant attachements (like photos or files) - they are broken. But do you really have problem with simple URL links?
No, when someone just pastes the url, I recieve it. But when they for example send me something from their newsfeed (share > in a private message), Miranda doesn't show it.

Offline sKopheK

« Reply #41 on: 18 02 2014, 09:29:27 »
Hey guys,

thanks a million for your plugin, finally I can stay in touch with my friends and not being bothered my Zuckerberg's blue hell :).
Would it be possible to allow adding people to groups as it works with ICQ or MSN protocol contacts?

Have a nice day

Offline Robyer

« Reply #42 on: 18 02 2014, 10:16:59 »
M51: Yep, that's known issue - will be fixed.

sKopheK: Hi :), there is no support for "server groups", because contact may be in 1 or more group on server, but Miranda allow contact to be only in one group.

Offline M51

« Reply #43 on: 19 02 2014, 11:43:52 »
Just now I've been chatting with a friend, and at one point she said "you're not getting all my messages, are you?" I checked in the browser, and indeed, Miranda just skipped some of them. It was plain text, no attachments. This is the first time this has happened to me.

Offline xaos

« Reply #44 on: 20 02 2014, 21:45:52 »
Just now I've been chatting with a friend, and at one point she said "you're not getting all my messages, are you?" I checked in the browser, and indeed, Miranda just skipped some of them. It was plain text, no attachments. This is the first time this has happened to me.

Funny .. that's exactly the reason this topic was started in the first place .. I didn't bother trying the suggestion Robyer made on the first page .. it didn't seem like it would lead to a solution, .. but if you, someone else, or Robyer ever figure it out, it would be nice to know.
« Last Edit: 20 02 2014, 21:48:12 by xaos »