Author Topic: Facebook protocol  (Read 360230 times)

Offline KalterGrog

Re: Facebook plugin
« Reply #15 on: 31 01 2014, 10:14:16 »
Hi, no, they are treated correctly right now.

1) Miranda's status OnThePhone is now used only for contact's which are ONLINE on mobile phone.
2) Contacts that were previously marked as OnThePhone, was in fact offline, but facebook marks them as on mobile because they used Mobile client once (or before they signed off). They are now correctly marked as offline.

But in last version there is new factor that gives you this info - Client ID. Use plugin MobileState to show mobile icon next to contact's name in clist for such contacts.
Thanks for the reply.
I was under the impression that the contacts previously marked as "on the phone" had the Facebook app up and running and were therefore contactable, what would have made the "online" status more fitting.

Offline Robyer

Odp: Facebook plugin
« Reply #16 on: 31 01 2014, 12:13:02 »
Open Facebook website and compare statuses in Miranda with statuses there in browser. They should be "same" :)
I was developing mainly Facebook, Omegle, Steam, Dummy and MobileState plugins. Now I'm retired. Goodbye, everyone. ~ You can still find me on Facebook.

Offline M51

« Reply #17 on: 01 02 2014, 13:16:51 »
Is there a way to keep the person you're chatting with from being notified that you've read their message? IIRC, there's a hack for this when you're chatting via browser.

Offline Robyer

« Reply #18 on: 01 02 2014, 13:20:02 »
Yep, I added option for it just yesterday.
I was developing mainly Facebook, Omegle, Steam, Dummy and MobileState plugins. Now I'm retired. Goodbye, everyone. ~ You can still find me on Facebook.

Offline M51

« Reply #19 on: 01 02 2014, 15:14:35 »
Terrific. You're doing a great job, BTW.  :THUMBS UP:

Offline zmaster

« Reply #20 on: 02 02 2014, 16:58:43 »
Hi, i'm having a little issue. I like the "read" notification, the problem is it triggers even if miranda is in the background. So, even if i haven't actually read it, it is marked as read at the same moment i recieve the message.

This specially brings me troubles because, as the messages are marked as read in the server i recieve a notification in my phone that instantly disappears.

For the moment, i'm using the option to keep messages as unread, but that's not exactly what i need. Is it just a problem i have or is it working as intended?

Offline Robyer

« Reply #21 on: 02 02 2014, 22:44:10 »
M51: Thanks  :DRINK:

zmaster: Well, you're right it's not optimal, but right now Miranda won't tell me when you really read that message, so it marks messages immediatelly after receiving them.

I asked ghazan to provide me a hook when message is marked as read in Miranda so I could mark it at that time marked as read in Facebook. So hopefully it will be "fixed" in some future version, but I'm not sure when yet :)

Offline zmaster

« Reply #22 on: 04 02 2014, 00:46:54 »
Thanks anyway for the concern, i'll be waiting for as long as it takes.

Just fo the knowledge, same previous version (a long time ago) it was warking like that right? or am i just remembering wrong?

Offline Robyer

Re:Facebook plugin
« Reply #23 on: 04 02 2014, 09:20:15 »
In previous versions (half year or more back in time) it only marked messages as read on server, but didn't send the "seen info". But after that Facebook forced it to automatically send "seen info" when marking messages as read.

Offline stasR

« Reply #24 on: 04 02 2014, 14:48:19 »
 I have the following situation: after getting the latest version of your plugin (with Miranda-NG 0.94.9) I found out that in my contact list of about 400 FB-users all the contacts who are “on mobile” are shown to me as “offline”. I know that most of them have Facebook app on their phones, this app (even when inactive) receives messages and notifies the users.
What do I do?

Offline Robyer

« Reply #25 on: 04 02 2014, 15:41:47 »
stasR: Open Facebook website and compare statuses in Miranda with statuses there in browser. Are they same? If not, post a screenshot comparing this situation.
(+ try to install Mobile State plugin)

Offline stasR

« Reply #26 on: 04 02 2014, 17:41:11 »
See attachment (Miranda CL vs FB chat).

Post Merge: 04 02 2014, 17:59:33
Mobile State installed.
« Last Edit: 04 02 2014, 17:59:33 by stasR »

Offline Robyer

« Reply #27 on: 04 02 2014, 22:23:18 »
Oh, yes. It's because you have still "old Facebook". Compare with my screenshot (see that "WEB" and "MOBILE" tags). Sooner or later you'll got this update and then it should work correctly.

Offline stasR

« Reply #28 on: 05 02 2014, 07:45:36 »
This update was installed and abandoned next  for Russian FB.
And this update has rendering difference only:
Mobile Online = "phone application acive"
Mobile Icon (with or without time) = "phone application inactive but receives messages and notifies the users". It isn't "offline".

Offline Robyer

« Reply #29 on: 05 02 2014, 13:45:28 »
stasR: You're only half correct.

Mobile Icon (with or without time) means many more things (as I just tested it again):
1) as you said: "phone application inactive but receives messages and notifies the users". It isn't "offline".
2) phone is disconnected from internet, user receives NO messages and notifications = it IS offline (time = last time user was active in phone app)
3) there is no phone involved at all and user in the past just did (2) and then connected from browser/miranda and disconnected again = it IS offline (time = last time user was active in phone/website/miranda)

And that offline mobile icon gets out only when user manually logs off from mobile application (which noone does).

So "offline" with "mobile indicator" (from mobile state) is most correct status for such contacts.
« Last Edit: 05 02 2014, 13:49:13 by Robyer »