Author Topic: Icons  (Read 15645 times)

Octopuss

Icons
« on: 28 12 2013, 09:37:15 »
I understand this is different forum software than the most usual stuff, so things work differently, but can anything be done about icons? I find it extremely difficult to tell whether there are any unread posts.

Offline Robyer

Re:Icons
« Reply #1 on: 28 12 2013, 09:57:38 »
I am periodically checking this: http://forum.miranda-ng.org/index.php?action=unread
Maybe it will help you.
I was developing mainly Facebook, Omegle, Steam, Dummy and MobileState plugins. Now I'm retired. Goodbye, everyone. ~ You can still find me on Facebook.

Offline watcher

Re: Icons
« Reply #2 on: 28 12 2013, 11:39:34 »
There:
Пожалуйста, внимательно прочтите правила постинга перед тем, как открыть новую тему.
Please read forum rules.

Octopuss

« Reply #3 on: 28 12 2013, 18:11:10 »
That's definitely an option, but sometimes you don't want to see everything, and maybe just want to check one specific subforum or something like that. I am sure I am not the only one who does that. I like to go by easily distinguishable icons in front of thread names.

Offline watcher

« Reply #4 on: 28 12 2013, 22:04:00 »
Octopuss, check icons now, they are from old SMF theme and more visible i think, until we find something better (maybe custom miranda ng icons), are they better for you?
Пожалуйста, внимательно прочтите правила постинга перед тем, как открыть новую тему.
Please read forum rules.

Octopuss

« Reply #5 on: 29 12 2013, 18:44:36 »
Ha! That's exactly what makes a day and night difference! Yes different icons (and maybe colour, but blue is almost perfect with the current gray-ish theme) might be even better, but this is pretty sufficient.
Now is the same technically possible in subforums?

Offline watcher

« Reply #6 on: 29 12 2013, 19:23:35 »
Now is the same technically possible in subforums?

Subforums or topics inside the boards? For topics i don't think it's possible - they don't have this feature at all, unread topic.
« Last Edit: 30 12 2013, 13:46:22 by watcher »
Please read forum rules.

Offline watcher

« Reply #7 on: 29 12 2013, 19:38:35 »
Found something else, new topics are in different color now
Please read forum rules.

Octopuss

« Reply #8 on: 30 12 2013, 10:00:36 »
Subforums or topics inside the boards? For topics i don't think it's possible - they don't have this feature at all, unread topic.
Ah yes, I meant the topics themselves.

...and it seems to work!

Offline watcher

« Reply #9 on: 30 12 2013, 13:47:27 »
...and it seems to work!

And board icons are Miranda based now :)
Please read forum rules.

Octopuss

« Reply #10 on: 30 12 2013, 16:42:46 »
We just need people to visit the forum then  ;D