Author Topic: Spanish Translation  (Read 21784 times)

Offline c-sanchez

• Localization Maintainer
Spanish Translation
« on: 06 12 2013, 17:14:23 »
Hello, for some time I am doing a new Spanish translation for Miranda NG.

Is still very incomplete, I guess it goes without saying that many lines for a single person.

I wonder if it is possible to add to the repository,  maybe as "spanish alternative" or as they see it may seem.
« Last Edit: 12 12 2013, 05:22:08 by Jerbifor »

Offline Wishmaster

Re: New Spanish Translation (Incomplete)
« Reply #1 on: 06 12 2013, 17:50:52 »
Hi :)
thanks for your work. :)
Do you know how to checkout the most actual langpacks from our SVN (see here)?
We could give you access to the SVN when you have that. This would be the easiest way for everyone.

Offline c-sanchez

« Reply #2 on: 07 12 2013, 03:45:24 »
Do you know how to checkout the most actual langpacks from our SVN (see here)?
Yes, i use rapidsvn to update the files with checkout.
Always i update the translation files with
http://svn.miranda-ng.org/main/trunk/langpacks/english

We could give you access to the SVN when you have that. This would be the easiest way for everyone.
Oh, good, yes glad I upload the files to SVN.

The only thing I have not yet, is a name to differentiate the translation ;P
« Last Edit: 07 12 2013, 03:47:33 by c-sanchez »

Offline Wishmaster

« Reply #3 on: 07 12 2013, 09:49:40 »
Oh, good, yes glad I upload the files to SVN.

The only thing I have not yet, is a name to differentiate the translation ;P
Great, I forwarded your request.

I dont see why you want to differentiate your translation though, there is no need to make a kind of fork.
You could just commit your changes to langpacks/spanish.
« Last Edit: 07 12 2013, 09:57:58 by Wishmaster »

Offline Jerbifor

« Reply #4 on: 07 12 2013, 12:09:54 »
Agree with Wishmaster. Not need to do yet another spanish. Edit the one that is.
Is still very incomplete
that's all that happened "extract" from the translation Miranda IM. I believe that the translation must be complete.
Glad that he got its own interpreter.
Therefore I beg you replace in file = HEAD =. txt string 'Author-email: jerbifor@tut.by' and instead to add the link to this topic.

Offline ghazan

Odp: New Spanish Translation (Incomplete)
« Reply #5 on: 07 12 2013, 18:27:58 »
c-sanchez, your password emailed to you

Offline c-sanchez

« Reply #6 on: 07 12 2013, 19:50:25 »

I dont see why you want to differentiate your translation though, there is no need to make a kind of fork.
You could just commit your changes to langpacks/spanish.
Agree with Wishmaster. Not need to do yet another spanish. Edit the one that is.

I have not thought about joining the current translation, and I do not want to overwrite the work of another translator, just want to do my own independent translation of the current.

that's all that happened "extract" from the translation Miranda IM. I believe that the translation must be complete.

Therefore I beg you replace in file = HEAD =. txt string 'Author-email: jerbifor@tut.by' and instead to add the link to this topic.

I have not used nothing of the translation of Miranda IM, this translation is entirely mine from scratch based on the English svn.
It can be seen in the same thank Robert Posel ( Robyer ) for explaining how.

Now, if you believe it is better to join the translations, for me there is no problem.
not do it because I confused when translating.

Sorry, but i no understand this.

c-sanchez, your password emailed to you
Thank you very much.

I apologize if i do something wrong interpret.

Best regards.

Offline watcher

« Reply #7 on: 07 12 2013, 23:16:02 »

I think that he meant "maintainer".
Пожалуйста, внимательно прочтите правила постинга перед тем, как открыть новую тему.
Please read forum rules.

Offline Wishmaster

« Reply #8 on: 07 12 2013, 23:16:48 »
Hi, we never had a spanish translator. The file was generated by Jerbifor from Miranda IM langpack, so you can safely overwrite it.

Offline watcher

« Reply #9 on: 08 12 2013, 01:09:06 »
Agree with Wishmaster, this spanish langpack we have -  is outdated and can be safely modified in any way that native speaker/maintainer wants - there is nothing to break.
Пожалуйста, внимательно прочтите правила постинга перед тем, как открыть новую тему.
Please read forum rules.

Offline c-sanchez

« Reply #10 on: 08 12 2013, 03:01:01 »
Agree with Wishmaster, this spanish langpack we have -  is outdated and can be safely modified in any way that native speaker/maintainer wants - there is nothing to break.

Oh, really prefer to "replace" the translation instead of "update", are agree? Is not a problem?

In my opinion I think it was better that the translations remain separated from miranda im.
If I 'm not mistaken that was initially, I remember that there were only about 5 translations for miranda ng, among which was NOT the Spanish, but well.

A doubt, because no change the translations format to *.PO?

This format of translation is usually much more comfortable, though I suppose would have changed a lot in the code miranda ng.

Offline watcher

« Reply #11 on: 08 12 2013, 03:28:58 »
There should be only one spanish translation for Miranda NG - based on Miranda IM or a new one from scratch - doesn't matter, you decide what works better for you. With all the scripts that we have now for langpacks maintaining - it's much easier, than it used to be.

Post Merge: 07 12 2013, 21:35:09
If I 'm not mistaken that was initially, I remember that there were only about 5 translations for miranda ng, among which was NOT the Spanish, but well.

All of them were based on Miranda IM langpacks. Some of them were heavily altered afterwords (cause they were really outdated, i don't know how much "Miranda IM" is left there now). So again - starting from scratch may be not a bad idea if Miranda IM langpack of some particular language  is outdated and worthless.
« Last Edit: 08 12 2013, 03:41:21 by watcher »
Please read forum rules.

Offline c-sanchez

« Reply #12 on: 08 12 2013, 21:41:01 »
Oh good, I've uploaded the new translation with all files ;D

The only problem I find, is that you can not download/update the translation from Miranda NG, have included "Langpack_spanish.txt" in the repository.

Offline watcher

« Reply #13 on: 08 12 2013, 22:50:16 »
The only problem I find, is that you can not download/update the translation from Miranda NG, have included "Langpack_spanish.txt" in the repository.

It's generated automatically  every morning by my scripts from langpack templates, so no need to keep "Langpack_spanish.txt" in the repository - it will arrive to download section freshly generated and zipped.
Please read forum rules.

Offline c-sanchez

« Reply #14 on: 09 12 2013, 03:17:36 »
Oh, i see...
good watcher  ;D